The math center offers students tutoring and review sessions for math and sciences courses. Tutoring is offered by appointment or on a walk-in basis.
Hours of Operation: 9:00 am to 3:00pm
Location: Administrative Building, A-B1-46
Students are responsible for registering in the math center at the beginning of the semester. Students can sign for appointments directly in the Math center or by emailing email@example.com. If you cannot come to your appointment please cancel ahead of time. Students who arrive more than 10 minutes late for an appointment will have their appointment cancelled if another student is waiting.
We offer tutoring in the following courses: Math100, Math101, Math112, Math122, Math132, Math232, Math332, Math333, Statistics201, SCI101, SCI102, ChemII, PhysI, and PhysII
Guidelines for Students
- Students are responsible for planning and providing adequate time to receive tutoring from the Math center.
- Students should schedule their time well in advance of their assignment's deadline.
- Students should arrive on time to the math center.- Students should bring all necessary materials (class notes, assignment guidelines, textbooks, drafts, syllabus, calculator, etc.) to the tutoring session.
- Students should read and sign the expectation shit.
- Students should complete a Tutoring Session Information Sheet at the end of each session.
Guidelines for Tutors
- The Math center tutors will be knowledgeable of AUIS’s mathematics and Sciences courses material.
- All tutors should have at least 10 hours training offered by the Math center.
- Tutors work WITH students not for students. The tutor will go over examples of similar problems in order to develop your understanding of concepts
- Tutors will not correct your homework, projects, or take-home exams. They will provide useful comments and suggestions and serve as guides not as professors or editors. It is a violation of AUIS’s Academic Policy to ask Math center tutors to do your homework for you. Tutors will report such violations.
- Prospective tutors should submit an application during math center opening hours.